PDA

View Full Version : Smoking Tires

Don Koenig
12-03-2000, 10:28 PM
The left rear of our 1984 dropped down such that the tires were rubbing on the underside of the body. After stopping I was able to raise that corner with the leveling system. Could a defective leveling system valve cause this problem? A friend that converted a bus said the buss had blocks that stopped the body from comming all the way down when the air bags were not able to hold the body up and provide safe clearance. Can such blocks be installed on a Newell?

TechTalk
12-06-2000, 03:53 PM
The solonoid valves which control the air leveling systems weaken over time and eventually will fail. Therefore, we suggest replacement of the "mode" valve every few years, and the other valves on an as needed basis. You may also wish to upgrade to the later model system we began using in 1990. The cost of the upgrade, parts and labor, is about $1200.

Dennis Wolfe
03-30-2008, 04:40 AM
Smoking Tires? I own a 1987 coach (no tag axle). What is the difference between the system I have (Skinner valves) and the 1990 system (why is it better)? What is included in the upgrade?