PDA

View Full Version : Help with wood floor conversion

Newell 493
05-15-2014, 10:03 PM
I have a 1998 Newell with two slides. I would like to replace the carpeted areas with wood flooring. I'm not interested in the cheap looking stuff that you see in inferior coaches. Can anyone recommend a company that could do a wood floor conversion with a truly quality floor? As is the case with anyone, cost is a consideration but I'm willing to pay a premium for a quality floor.
Thank you,
Tom
1998 Newell #493

Yachts
05-16-2014, 01:45 AM
Dont do a true floating wood floor. Newell tried and ripped them out. Call Newell and get the name of the laminate they are using then any decent floor guy can do the rest..

domer1970
05-19-2014, 03:10 PM
Contact Ernie Eckberg in Weatherford, TX. He does Wanderlodges, Prevosts, Newells, and others. Highly recommended. Unfortunately, he is booked until early 2015.

http://www.ernieekbergflooring.net/

Ron Skeen
05-20-2014, 09:18 PM
I just visited East Tennessee Luxury Coach and was I impressed with the knowledge and facilities they have. I have made an appointment for next week for work and PM's on the tran and cooling systems. He had a prevost H liberty that he was doing all new floors. Jeff has been a general contractor and then worked at buddy Gregg and is very knowledgable of the high end coaches.