PDA

View Full Version : First a Wanderlodge and now a Newell

ttikalsky
03-29-2006, 08:20 PM
Hello, we purchased a new to us Newell last week. We started with a 1983 Blue Bird Wanderlodge 33 foot forward control with a 3208 CAT. Now driving a 1986 Newell 40 foot WideBody pusher with the 8V92 Detroit. All I can say is WOW what a difference.

Troy

fulltiming
03-29-2006, 11:53 PM
Welcome, Troy!!

Great to have another Newell owner here.

The Newell
04-01-2006, 09:37 PM
Welcome Troy,

I hope you enjoy the site as much as the rest of us.

Joseph

DaveG
05-29-2006, 12:41 PM
Hi Troy-
Besides the extra width and length, how would you compare the 2 coaches? Quality of materials,workmanship,etc. ?
Good luck and thanks for the info.

Dave

ttikalsky
07-13-2006, 07:38 PM
Hi Troy-
Besides the extra width and length, how would you compare the 2 coaches? Quality of materials,workmanship,etc. ?
Good luck and thanks for the info.

Dave

The quality of materials and workmanship are equal in my opionion. The interior craftsmanship and "fit and finish" are excellent in both coaches. The chasis construction are both very well built. Other than the choice of materials and design/layout methods they are very close, Blue Bird All American chasis is built on the school bus chassis so it has steel skin and structure where Newell has aluminum skin. The Newell is easier to work on than the Wanderlodge. I wouldn't hesitate buying a Wanderlodge again or a Newell.

I must say that comparing a front engine coach to a pusher is not comparing apples to apples. The pushers have distinct advantages over a front engine coach IMHO.