PDA

View Full Version : Rivet Replacement

The Newell
02-17-2008, 10:01 PM
I would like to replace a few of the rivets on the side of the coach. These are the original buck rivets and I don't want to use pop rivets. Anybody got any suggestions that don't include taking out the interior.
I would like to keep the original look.

fulltiming
02-18-2008, 06:10 AM
Don't know of any way to install buck rivets without access to the inside of the rivet. Pop rivets with rivet caps that insert into the open head of the rivet are visually the best way to go at this point. When I had a couple of rivets pop out, that is how Newell did the repair on my coach.

encantotom
02-20-2008, 01:20 AM
i have the pop rivets with the caps and they are fine. you just have to paint the caps. otherwise, you have to tear the inside out to get access to them. i wouldn't even know where to begin.

tom

Richard and Rhonda
02-20-2008, 04:10 PM
Hey Tom,

Sorry to ask this question out of ignorance, but I haven't had to replace a rivet (yet). Are they standard diameter? How long do they have to be to work? Would you mind posting a picture of what you have? Maybe throw a scale into the pic?

Did you use stainless or aluminum rivets?

The Newell
02-21-2008, 09:26 PM
I was trying to keep the coach looking good :D If that is my only choice then I have no choice but to go with those rivets.

Thank You for all your responses!

Joseph