PDA

View Full Version : Leaks on classics

Matt
07-21-2006, 01:58 AM
Hello,
I just receontly sold our calss C...darn near broke my heart. But, for the next year (possibly more) we would not have used it much and I got near my asking price...anyways, before we got the class c, I was leaning toward a Newell classic or Wanderlodge. But leaning way towards the Newell. Anyways, withthe fiberglass C, I was always tending to the roof seams and seals - seemed there was always a little something to fix. I know Bluebirds are notorious for having things break and need fixing - with the extensive electrical bells and whistles they installed....20 year old electrical contacts cause concern.

Anyways, how about the Newell classics? What are some of the "standard" problems? I came real close to pulling the trigger on a 1979 that had a 6V92TA installed that was really clean a few year ago for $45k....but in the end it did not work out. But now that we sold the class C, I am going to start the hunt since finding the gem out there I know will be tough. But to better arm me...any input on concerns for early 80s vehicles would be appreciated.

Also - anyone ever see units that were meant to sleep six people?

Thanks,
Matt

The Newell
07-26-2006, 02:13 AM
Hi Matt,

I have a classic and had a slight leak on the front windshield. Besides that it didn't leak one bit. My Newell sleeps 4 but I know someone who owns a classic and it sleeps 7.

Joseph