PDA

View Full Version : Front Passenger side Air suspension

1988newell
08-24-2008, 11:39 AM
On the 1988 Newell the front passenger side air suspension apparently is leaking when parked. Could you recomend a company in the Dallas/Fort Worth area that could repair this problem?

Richard and Rhonda
08-24-2008, 11:56 AM
Welcome aboard.

Rhonda and I live in Fort Worth. It's good to have a Newell neighbor.

For your specific question, I do most of my own work, so I don't have any experience with the local chassis shops.

The first thing I would do is use a spray bottle of soapy water and try to determine where the leak is. It may be something as simple as a fitting. You may not need a chassis repair shop. Can you tell us a little more about what it is doing? Is it just the front right that is squatting down? How long does it take for this to happen after you shut the coach down? Looking at your air guages, how long does it take them to leak down?

PM me, I would be willing to take a look at it for you.

fulltiming
08-24-2008, 03:28 PM
I agree with Richard that further information and evaluation is needed. My first guess is that you may have the dump solenoid for that valve sticking partially open and releasing air. It is possible that the bag itself could have a slow leak but those are pretty sturdy bags. A solenoid is fairly easily changed out if you have any do-it-yourself leanings.

I would certainly take Richard up on his offer. He has certainly helped me out over the telephone and by email since we aren't nearly as close geographically speaking.

encantotom
08-24-2008, 04:53 PM
i, like michael and richard have had similar problems with my air suspension and it has been the solenoid for that area that was bad. richard is great at this stuff and could probably figure it out for you in a few minutes.

it only takes about ten minutes to change a solenoid, they are about 85 bucks apiece from newell and i have not been able to find them anywhere else cheaper. i carry a spare with me as well.

welcome. you will find most of us are do it your selfers with the older newells.

tom

1988newell
01-31-2009, 12:47 AM
Richard,

I plan to get my Newell batteries checked tomorrow and replace the bad batterieswith new Batteries. Once I have all this place I will call you next week and decide what would be the best time to meet.