PDA

View Full Version : Primas radiant heat, furniture???

Luvolekars
11-22-2008, 03:03 AM
I am just starting to bring back a 1991 Newell that I purchased with the furniture removed. I'm curious how the furniture went around the hot water tubes for the Primas heating. Does anybody have a coach with the Primas still in and working??

fulltiming
12-07-2008, 05:23 AM
What??? No one has Primus heating in your coach?

If you do, let's give Adam a hand here.

jdaniel
12-08-2008, 05:21 PM
Mine has a decorative baseboard shield that conceals the tubing. The shield is like a 1" thick pressboard type of material. Then you just push the furniture up against it.

fulltiming
12-08-2008, 05:37 PM
Thanks Jimmy. Are there any fans under the couch or booth that blow the warm air out into the room?

jdaniel
12-08-2008, 08:54 PM
No. The baseboard heat goes all the way around the coach. My rear 1/2 of the heat still works great. The front isn't coming on anymore and I haven't checked to see why yet. I have forced electric heat vent that blows from under the bed toward the front and another that blows from under the couch. The Primus is fantastic when working. It seems every inch of the coach stays the same temp and you never feel that dry heat.

ccjohnson
08-08-2012, 02:20 AM
Try primusparts@AOL.com The guys name is Mark Dexter. He seemed very knowledgeable about Pimus systems. We had a leak in ours under the lavy and opted to replace Primus with a forced air propane heater in the back & bays. It works great! The guys at Newell did a fine job for us on this.