Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Battery Dead
Thread: Battery Dead
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 01:31 AM   #2
encantotom

hi,

first of all, the travel mode switch would not do it.

i dont know what battery set up you have. there are a number of configs. mine has two 8d for each side. others have 4 and 2, others have 6 and 2.

you need to separate it into chunks. on mine if the engine battery is dead, the coach batteries if fully charged will easily start the engine.

first of all, you need to get your batteries charged. hopefully you can just plug into shore power where you are. if not, you might try jump starting your generator and let it run to charge your batteries. (with the merge switch on). there is something drawing down the batteries or the batteries are bad or one of them is bad. that bad boy engine takes a lot of cranking amps to fire up.

i would first see if there is anything on that might draw from the engine batteries and start there. if you dont see anything obvious, then put a clamp on ampmeter on one of the legs of the engine battery cables and see how much current is being used.

you can do the same process for the house batteries.

on mine. i had the big fuse on the engine batteries go bad and i thought the batteries were bad.

it is usually that you left something on.

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote