Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Tag axle adjustment
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 04:17 PM   #19
Hardtrigger

Smile Tag axle weight

K I bought some solenoids from Newell and replaced as advised from Newell and this had no reflection on the 125lb. going to the tag axle. I then replaced the valve and regulator that was rengineered before I purchased as shown in picture and was able to regulate the air pressure perfectly. The regulator and gauge are used to adjust air pressure for paint gun and total investment equals to air solenoids fron Newell with freight $210.00. Investment from Harbor freight for regulatoe and gauge $2.25. I now am in Oregon and stopped at there scale house when closed and following weights with 60lbs. in tag axle equals steering axle is 14,205lbs. drive axle is 19,825lbs and tag axle is 8300lbs. with 60lbs. psi. in tag axle. Now I understand Newell advises 25lbs. psi in tag axle but when I reduced my tag from 60lb psi to 25lb psi my steering jumps to 14,920lbs. drive axle is 21,425lbs and tag reduces to 6200lb. My main concerns are the following with my past experience in owning a trucking firm legally I cant exceed 12,000lbs on steering and I should be able to transfer up to 10,000lb onto the tag axle off of steering with my drive axle absorbing some of this also of course. With my fuel tanks(325 gallons x 6.50lbs) and my water tank (300 gallons x 8lbs.) directly behind my steering axle I am over weight on steering with full tanks no matter what I do with my tag. So I increased my tag axle psi to 60lbs. to asorb steering weight the best I know how and with that done I still in excess of 12,000lb legal by law the best I know having 14,205lbs. Anyone else have this situation or give advise on how to lighten up steering axle with full fuel and mostly full water tanks?? As always thank you and hope I did not confuse anyone
Hardtrigger is offline   Reply With Quote