Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Trans Over ride switch in front bay
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 01:00 PM   #6
tuga

Tom,

I also leave my Trans switch in the ON position. In order to make sure that the pins have seated I hold down the retract button for about 5 seconds after the slideroom has retracted fully and I hear the pins lock. That way I am sure that they are completely seated.

Another little trick: when you are extending your slides if you notice that the pins are staying in the locked position for 1 second too long and the room appears to be sticking just release the extend button, give the pins another second or two to retract fully and then press the extend button again and continue running out the slide room.

I have watched my bedroom slide pins retract (to do this you have to remove the valence over the bed) when the slideroom is being extended. Sometimes they are a little lazy. HWH gives the pins 1 nanosecond to retract then the room starts to move out. By manually removing your finger from the button you are giving the pins an extra second to retract fully.

To remove the valence: extend the slideroom out HALF way then with the palm of your hand whack the bottom part of the valence with an upward motion. The valence has a piece of metal on the back of it and the metal sits in a metal channel. When you whack upward with your hand it will move up and you can continue whacking it up until the valence completely releases from the channel. I just thought of something: you may not have a valence on your bedroom slide! Oops!
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote