Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Why Converters
Thread: Why Converters
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #11
prairieschooner

Maybe you misunderstood me. I didn't say that these weren't any good simply that it was re-manufactured and that I do not like that type of terminal for the battery cables. Progressive Dynamics does make a charger/converter that will accept a crimp on cable terminal but it is more $$$ and it is Marine Grade (set screw type connections are not allowed on boats). When I looked at this option it made more sense to just have an Inverter/Charger mounted as close as possible to the batteries.

Most of the newer chargers do have what is called an Equalizing Phase. The Heart and Xantrex inverters that have a Charging Phase also have the Equalizing Phase. The PowerPulse does something very similar only continuously.

We are getting off topic though because the question was "why converter"?
I don't use one, I charge my batteries with the Solar panels, watch the DC Voltage and turn the Inverter/Charger on only when needed.
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote