Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - how to properly block a newell coach
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 12:40 AM   #7
Neweller

I think we have two ways of doing it here. Tuga is mentioning using the plates that are obviously designed into the newer Newell frame structurer and I'm not sure what year they started this, I hope someone chimes in to share this info. The rest of you guys are saying to go with the wedged wood block system that acts as ramps like you would use on a car or pickup but made out of a ply or solid dense wood material.

My thinking is that Tuga's suggestion is probably the ultimate way to go if your Newell has a solid flat area to set it down on the solid blocks, and if you need the tires off the ground. And I would assume you need multiple hydraulic jacks to lift one end at a time.

Now, the pit is a great idea for getting under to do most maintenance but if you need the four wheels off the ground that's out. I've seen the nice larger truck jacks that lift each corner but its one hell of an investment.

Ken
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote