Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Tech Talk Archives 1
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 04:35 AM   #162
Neweller

A
253 2/15/2001 2:15:33 PM 2/26/2001 Don Koenig donkoenig@juno.com Electric Heaters The Square D heaters on my 1984 have a heat sensitive safety switch that disconnects the power if the fan motor is not working to keep air flowing through the unit (they get hot and stop). The one in the water bay evidentally stopped when the coach was parked in freezing weather causing the pipes to freeze for a former owner. I found that bathroom vent fan motors at Home Base(Depot)have the same footprint as the original Square D fan motors. I put a 70 CFM vent fan motor (less than $20.00)in one of my units Square D units (had to use spacers to get clearance)and the blower seems to spin faster than the other SD operating units. The repaired unit fit into the original case. Maybe the original blower motors are 50 CFM. These electric heaters require periodic cleaning and the blower bearings need a drop or two of oil. The service interval depends on how dusty the environment is where the coach is used with the heaters running.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote