Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Tech Talk Archives 9
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 03:41 AM   #88
Neweller

Q
1089 9/22/2003 10:40:16 PM 9/23/2003 Matt mfhopson@netzero.com benefits of newell vs. prevost and blue bird Cris,
I am not sure how much "older" you are looking, but I just made a deal on a 1976 Newell. It has been repowered, and re-done throughout - but it is a 1976 Newell. It has that nostalgic look - which I love - but remains built like a brick...outhouse. I have looked at models from almost every company ranging from the sticks and staples, to well done bus conversions. I have been in and around and up and down on all sorts of Bluebirds, and now about 6 Newells (my biggest problem with Newell is that since there are so few out there, it is hard to get a comparison market). Anyways, to me, I had a limited budget ($40k). You are likely much higher - but the math still works the same and quality is quality and support is support. There is no doubt all the rigs you are looking at are "right": in their own way...but in my opinion - a company that spend 30-40 minutes on a buyer asking questions on a 1976 model (who is not the owner), and offers to help and discuss any concerns - anytime - is a company I want to trust. Then put on the grimy clothes and get into it - and there is quality down there. Clean, rugged and built to last. Mine is simpler than yours, but again, same concepts apply.

I started hunting 16 months ago for my coach. I have looked, traveled and wondered about a couple hundred rigs - I ended up in an old Newell. Funny thing, when I first started looking, I saw a 1977 Newell that I loved - but despised the power plant...but said all along, if I every find one of those with the proper combo...and now I have it.

Sorry it is long - but I have gleaned advise from so many who take the time to post - I thought I would reciprocate. If you can afford it - there is no doubt Newell is the way to go. If you cannot afford it - wait a bit and buy an older Newell.
Cheers and good luck,
Matt
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote