Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 87 Newell
Thread: 87 Newell
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 01:02 AM   #34
rellick

Default Interior makeover

Howdy friends! Just rolled in last night from a job, she ran great an is very comfortable to stay in. I figured I would update on some of the interior work I have done. The inside from the bedroom forward was pretty much stripped, thankfully the floor under the counter was still ok. The old fridge must have been leaking, we stripped the floor right down to the aluminum that is attached to the steel inner structure. Its basically a big tray then a layer of 1/2" plywood with 2 layers of 1/2" plywood strips laminated together as mini joists that are about 1-1/2 wide on 20" centers, in the spaces between they put 1'' styrofoam to bring it up level then another layer of 1/2" plywood over that. Once that was replaced we put a 5/16 plywood subfloor down over the whole floor with PL400 then screwed it on a 6" grid. I tell you its SOLID!! My house isnt even built like this!! We put paint on the floor under the sofa just so it wasnt bare wood. We didnt find it necessary to remove the furnace and put flooring there. I will follow with pics of the finished floor. The bathroom floor had carpet that we stripped, so that got subfloor and new flooring also. (carpet in a bathroom is just wrong)
The dinette was stripped and re-upholsterd as you can see from the pics. Next will be the steps, entry door and flip down floor. Also the arm chairs. Once its all in there we'll see how it looks and maybe add some finishing touches, any input or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!
Attached Images

22' 350hp Jet Riverboat
79 Ford F250 4x4
Many others to list
rellick is offline   Reply With Quote