Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Air tank in right rear fender well
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 02:49 PM   #19
asuperdave20

Hi everyone, thanks for all the help, (i love the one about putting it under water and looking for bubbles the best!!). I have zero gauges in the front where the 120 compressor is. I do have a gauge in the aqua hot compartment where the 12v is, and Newell said it is supposed to be set at 60lbs as it is some control for the toilet and pocket doors. They said any less and the doors will be slow and more the doors will slam, same with toilet, less wont flush right, and more could blow out plumbing. I tested that and they are right.

Newell also said that if I turn the Valid leveling system off when I am parked, the 120 comp will not try to level and use air. So I did that and air bags hold air but compressor still cycled every 14 min. Then they said to turn the 120 off and if slide out seals have a leak, a slide alarm will go off because the 12v does not inflate the slide seals. Well before I went to bed, I turned the 120 off and wouldnt you know it, 7 hours later the alarm went off saying front slide inflating (but cant because its on 12v). I went outside and sure enough, the front slide seal was soft, and the two rear slide seals are hard.

So I think I have isolated one leak and now will use the soap to try to hunt it. Newell said the actual rubber seals are tough, so it probably a fitting somewhere that leads to it.

I will keep you all up to date and thanks again,

Dave #656
asuperdave20 is offline   Reply With Quote