Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - tire choices
Thread: tire choices
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 07:22 PM   #2
Richard and Rhonda

First of all you want steer tires or all purpose on both front and rear. You do not want a "traction" tire on the rear for two reasons. One, its LOUD, and two you want to be able to rotate it to the front if needed. I wouldn't worry about traction in the rain. 20 tons seems to squeeze the water out of the tread just fine :-) If you are concerned about fuel mileage related to tires, I do believe we are talking sublte differences. You can make much more difference in your mileage with your right foot.

Some one posted in another forum the other day commenting on mileage. He said "complaining about fuel mileage on a diesel RV is like marrying Dolly Parton and complaining she can't cook"

Two, given your axle weights you want to make sure the tire rating will at least support the axle rating.

How much do you anticipate driving per year? Why? Cause in most cases it's immaterial whether a tire lasts for 40K or 70K on a moho, since they age out long before we accumulate that kind of mileage.

I personally am a fan of Michelin XZE tires, but they are expensive. I have Bridgestones on my rig now, and have been perfectly happy with them.

You might want to think about going up to H load range and being able to run them at a lower pressure for a more cushy ride.
CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote