Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Air leaks in my 1987.
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 09:04 PM   #10
jmacstack

I pulled the wall out front from in front of my feet and found an enormous amount of 22 year old dust and cobwebs. I also found a black plastic round ball mounted to the fire wall with a few small hoses going in and out of it. Any ideas what that might be? A filter of some sort?

The air lines going to the throttle and the brake must be coming up through the floor. Gave me a good chance to look around, vacuum and see what what and who's where. I pulled 2 of the 3 airlines with the plastic collet and all collets are cracked. The third collet is hanging right onto that air line and I may have to cut it. Apparently, these solenoids are for the supply air. I will replace all 3 collets and line ends and will have 3 out of many replaced. Are the compression fittings hard to install? Do I need any special tools to install them? Again, I am grateful, Jennifer

Off to the check batteries. All batteries had 3 definite floating balls with most the 4th ball hanging around the middle of the glass. If the batteries are shot, will all 4 balls float completely? I want to load test the batteries them but they have to be fully charged.
1987 Newell, 40ft #143
DD 8V92 Silver
2010 Cannondale Tandem
No Name Tandem Mtn Bike
1973 Triumph GT6
2012 AWD 4-door Mini-Cooper
3 Ford Trucks
Just another fanatical motorhead
jmacstack is offline   Reply With Quote