Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Multi Symptom Generator problem
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 11:28 PM   #14
jmacstack

Hello to all who have have shared their ideas, questions and expertise on my multi-symptom generator problem. Here is the solution!

1. Purchased 6 new 12 volt deep cycle batteries for the house. Ouch!
2. Added a batteryminder. Well worth the $99.00(Northern Tool)
3. This generator has 1304 hours on it. I was looking hard at the fuel solenoid, the K25 relay which feed the fuel solenoid(replaced with new) and possible causes of low-voltage to the control box. Here's the fix: The fuel solenoid arm is attached to the fuel solenoid on one side(left) and the other side(right) is linked directly into the fuel pump. The shaft inside the fuel pump has a spring and a(shoot can't remember what it's called) but it fans in and out in a circular motion to activate and de-activate the fuel pump. This particular apparatus spins on this shaft. If the generator is run for long periods of time with no load variation the shaft will wear a groove around in one spot causing this circular apparatus to hang up in start up as well as shut down on the groove that is created by constant spinning in one place. The repair is a removal of that side of the fuel pump and rebuild and re-install. The action of fuel solenoid arm is very sticky and does not feel springy at all. Since I ordered a new solenoid I knew what it was supposed to feel like. There is also a spring in that side of the fuel pump which could break which would cause the same symptoms and stickiness.

Lesson: Do your laundry, turn on all lights, watch TV and cook all at the same time to load that genny up!

This repair has been a head scratcher and I hope posting the solution will help someone else from going bald! Thanks a million for all you help! Richard you were in the right area right out of the starting gate!
1987 Newell, 40ft #143
DD 8V92 Silver
2010 Cannondale Tandem
No Name Tandem Mtn Bike
1973 Triumph GT6
2012 AWD 4-door Mini-Cooper
3 Ford Trucks
Just another fanatical motorhead
jmacstack is offline   Reply With Quote