Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - entrance steps
Thread: entrance steps
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 09:44 PM   #4
ccopel

We have had our step (2 step by kwikee) go out. I was loaded ready to leave and the step retracted but made a loud "gear slipping" noise that would not stop when fully retracted. The motor would not stop as long as we had our engine running. I looked for a fuse but could not find one right away and hd to cut the power wire. After my arrival in Houston and the meeting I had to attend I had time to investigate. I found the gear in the gear box was stripped. I was close to PPL and found out they only sell the whole assembly for the model I have. The easy part was to install the new motor/gear assembly. It came with great instructions. The difficult part was having to install a new door swich, they had changed and had to be replaced with a new one. It was enclosed in the kit but required finding out which door swich activates the stairs and drilling a new hole in the door and securing it water tight. The top swich was the one for the step and silicone sealant sealed and holds it in place.
Caution, follow directions carefully so you don't get hands, fingers etc caught in the step assembly during installation or get caught under your coach.

Pete and Debbie
coach #419
ccopel is offline   Reply With Quote