Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Batteries not Charging all the way
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 03:47 AM   #24
jmacstack

Here are todays findings: Isolated all batteries and volt tested them with my meter. They read between 13.12 to 13.15. I retested with Hydrometer and I got 2 out of 4 discs floating. These batteries are not charging 100% for some reason. Tomorrow I am going to isolate one battery and charge it with an industrial smart charger to see how it performs all by itself. If it does not take a full charge then I think I can assume these new, 1 year old hardly used batteries are toast. These batteries are WERKER brand. Anyone ever heard of them? I ordered that meter from West Marine. When it gets here I will test the output of the charger. I wish I knew more than I do as it feels frustrating to have some knowledge and not enough to fix the problem so I thank you all for your knowledge. The next big step is to have the batteries load tested...and to monitor the charger to see if it kicks on under the load test. When I installed the new charger I just cut the wires off the old charger and connected them to the new one and added an additional ground wire..probably a 10 gauge insulated wire. Could this ground wire be an a culprit here? What if the second ground wire is not actually grounded? Jennifer
1987 Newell, 40ft #143
DD 8V92 Silver
2010 Cannondale Tandem
No Name Tandem Mtn Bike
1973 Triumph GT6
2012 AWD 4-door Mini-Cooper
3 Ford Trucks
Just another fanatical motorhead
jmacstack is offline   Reply With Quote