Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - SCS Basement Air Owners Question
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 02:47 AM   #3
RussWhite

Thanks! Always nice to know someone involved in the RV game is still in business. I'll tell you what I think is happening, and later follow up with whatever it turns out to be.
The thermostat is a two stage one that has an output for compressor one and a second output for compressor two. When the setpoint and actual temperature diverge too much, the second compressor is requested to run. The second compressor will be prevented from running if low speed for the fan has been selected on the thermostat. Having taken all that into account my second compressor will not run when called upon by the thermostat to run. Using a voltmeter I can see there is no voltage going to the compressor so that is why it could not possibly trip its breaker. I am guessing that the relay that should energize to start compressor number two has burned contacts. It is an inexpensive printed ciruit board part and I have it on order. I'm hoping once it is installed compressor two will at least get voltage and then we'll see if it runs or has some other problem. Stay tuned...
RussWhite is offline   Reply With Quote