Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Another Classic Newell Coach Getting Repowered!
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 03:08 PM   #32
Neweller

Keith, the frames in the rear engine compartment are very similar. The Newell appears to have a thicker frame rail though. We plasma cut out the pans on both sides of the engine compartment and threw away some extra not needed junk. It was easier to make and weld a couple additional radiator mounting brackets on the frame and then bolt the main portion of the radiator into the compartment in separate pieces. The radiator is longer than it is high. But after assembly it looks like it belongs there. It will be amazing to have so much better access to the engine than with the herky V8's. And the turbo will clear no problem. The closes thing is the tube going over the engine. I'll get a couple of more pictures coming here soon, of the radiator install and the actual engine prior to clean up or any paint etc....
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote