Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Schematic's for air suspension system
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 03:59 PM   #3
Greg Reed

My inital concern was the long time to bring the unit up to 60 psi (more then 10 minutes), using the engine mounted compressor. Once it hit 60 psi I could use the accelerator to increase engine speed, and then bring the total air pressure up to 90 psi range and ready to travel if all other issues were OK.

I have had the primary (engine mounted) compressed tested, and it is well within spec, so started to look for leaks in the system. So far found a few loose tubing fittings.

I also thought about using the 120V compressor to provide a boost in the air system, to help look for leaks, and when plugged into land power before starting the engine. Each time (only tried a few) the unit would run for a few minutes, and then shutdown shutdown at 60 psi. I can not find any indication of it being a thermal overload. shutdown.

The '83 also has the similar setup of solenoids, and locations, but I do not have any documents that define the system. I will start looking for the level sensors.

thanks for the input,

Greg
Greg Reed is offline   Reply With Quote