Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - New Wood Flooring
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 06:18 AM   #18
KimnKim

Clarke, Richard and Michael:

First time I am jumping into one of these discussions - have to say I enjoy reading them a lot. Recently completed the flooring portion of my '87 interior gut/modify/rebuild. Chose to use 3/4" T&G prefinished hardwood versus laminate and have to say that, while it took a great deal of time and patience, it really added 'grade' to the upgrade. I went with the advice of a friend and screwed it all down as opposed to using the more conventional nailer. Great advice. I have the same flooring in my home (nailed) and the coach floor is noticably tighter. Also, while I was at the tear out stage (I too had the air powered step cover that Michael describes), I rebuilt the steps from a three step system that came from the factory to a four stepper and then added the more conventional hinged drop down insert. The additional step makes a huge and positive difference.

As this is my first post, I'll give photo attachment a try but not sure if I'll succeed. If not, I'll try again on a follow up in the near future.

Cheers!
Attached Images

Coach #186
1987 Wide Body - Transplanted Texas Longhorn, eh!
KimnKim is offline   Reply With Quote