Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - House batteries overcharged
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 03:18 PM   #6
prairieschooner

We are a lot less high tech here. I have Flooded Wet Acid Batteries all around. My House are Trojan T105 (Golf Cart) and the Engine Start are a generic 8D (Starting Lead Acid). I always shut the Start Batteries off whenever we get anywhere. While in Storage I shut off the Start and House Batteries.
We use the HEART Inverter/Charger for the Charging and try to keep it turned off most of the time while we use the Coach just to Cycle the Batteries and let the Solar Panels do some work, more effort but I feel it is worth it. I just checked the Battery Levels the other day and all are fine even after a year of service.
AGM Batteries are great but they are more $$$ and I am not sure it is worth the expense for me since I am willing to work a little harder taking care of my DC Electrical System. I am still "Old School" when it comes to some things and since it works for me..
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote