Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Newell business increasing
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 12:56 PM   #5
jack14r

I do think that Newell is positioned well,not totally from what they did but some of their competitors in the racing world (Featherlite and Marathon) have faltered and as a result there are fewer places to purchase the type of coach that would work for a racer.Featherlite was sold just before it went bankrupt and the new owner Amadas does not seem to have production going well at this time,Marathon is building very few coaches and just closed their California location,I think that Marathon may not survive at their current production rate.The two in the Prevost product arena that are doing well are Liberty and Millennium but their product never is sold to the racers,I think that both of these are just too expensive for that crowd.I have talked with several coach drivers in Nascar and they feel like the Newell has more space but the Prevost drives better,the buyer,the race car driver could care less how the coach drives,he wants space and a lower initial cost and Newell delivers on both of these.From my count there were 150+ prevost converted 6 years ago and about 40-50 ths year.
jack14r is offline   Reply With Quote