Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Newell business increasing
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 05:38 PM   #14
JohnC

Quote:
Originally Posted by express1 View Post
I must say Steve, being swamped and working overtime is not always a good thing. There may be reasons for so much repair or service work. Again, this is my view from being in the automotive service business for nearly 40 yrs. there are reasons....... Someone once said that about Tiffin. "Great Service, long lines."
Good point Express 1. but in this particular case and unlike most automotive service shops, Newell service also offers a number of upgrades and interior renovations. We also support new and used coach sales, and recently more and more owners are asking for significant upgrades, including new paint, carpet, upholstery, suspension upgrades, etc.

Normally, when the weather turns cold, the appointment requests slow down, but this morning the temperature outside was 17 degrees, yet tonight we are doing overtime to keep up with customer demand. Not only has Newell become the #1 luxury coach manufacturer (for 1 million plus coaches) , but if I'm not mistaken, I believe we produced more coaches this year than all other luxury coach manufacturers combined.

We have also picked up the Airstream coach line, so my plate has been a tad full lately, and I have not been perusing the Newell classic forum as often as I should.

John
JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote