Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Basement SCS A/C Service at Newell.....issues and HELP NEEDED!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 02:06 AM   #22
Dave-n-Marjorie

UPDATE!!!!! WE ARE ALIVE....AND COLD!!!!

What a turn around today!!!! Dwight knocked on the door at 7am, Marjorie and I spent stressful night in the shop. Dwight said his idea is to get the amps to spec using the freon charge. For some reason, he was on this 12 amp tangent, but the specs call for 14. I agreed and he immediatly went to work. The temp dropped within 15 minutes. We finally got the temp down to 19 degree difference at the unit head/return, and 16 at the rear bathroom/return at outside temps of 95 deg. Within spec and cold finally!!!

So the service writer Tommy comes in the coach to settle the bill. I did have a few other things on this first big trip, ride height valve failed, and a aquahot emergency where a copper pipe joint fell apart.

Everything they did was spot on cost except for the a/c. I was getting charged 13 hours for a 8 hour job. I told Tommy I was very dissappointed with the whole a/c thing and how it went down and felt I was getting over charged. He said...and I quote "David, what can I do to make you happy, I want every experience with Newell to be a good one for you". I said "I was prepared to pay 8 hours labor pulling out unit, installing one compressor, sweat in two valves, and tweak the units within spec, not 13". He said, "your right, I will make it happen and be right back with a new bill reducing $550 (5 hours) in labor".

How about that?????? A negative experience turned into a positive one!!! Being in the business, I can tell you the way Tommy took care of me was total class and I felt like he really wanted to do whatever it took to make me happy. And Dwight changed 180 deg from yesterday. He said this morning that we are going to fix those a/c's no matter what it takes. I am very happy, was 95 today in campground sun and a/c was easily 72 and I could have made it 65 if I wanted.

I will be back for sure!!!! Thanks so much everyone for your input. With this board, Newell phone support, and service here at factory, there is nothing that cant be fixed in a Newell, even an old 96 like ours!!
1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Dave-n-Marjorie is offline   Reply With Quote