Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - possible Fuel System Trouble, '82 6V92
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 05:36 PM   #1
prarieschooner

Default possible Fuel System Trouble, '82 6V92

I find myself needing some more of your valuable advice.
I am working on a 1982 38' Classic with a DD 6V92. The Coach has been sitting for a few years. The Temperature here in Yuma is about 70 Degrees and Dry so Temperature shouldn't be an issue. The other problem is that the Start Batteries are in poor condition and since I haven't commited to the purchase there is no reason to spend the $$$ right now but I need to prove or disprove the DD 6V92. *As a side note, the previous owner passed a few years back and this Coach hasn't moved since.

Symptoms;
I started the Main Engine with simply using the Ignition Switch. The Diesel ran for only a short while (no more than a minute) and then began to sputter, it seemed like it was running out of Fuel. It will not start now.
I changed the Fuel Filters at the Engine Bay area and even filled them with Fuel in order to help with any possible priming issues. I wasn't able to find any intructions for Bleeding the System but wanted to make sure that I am not missing something. I have gone to the Water Seperator and Fuel does come out when using the Petcock so Fuel is at least to that point.
Just wanting to make sure that there isn't something down stream or a Switch that needs to turned with the Ignition.

I will check back later but for now I will be trying to get a look at the Suspension issues.
Thanks in advance,
Steve
prarieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote