Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - LED interior lighting experiments in the 02
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 04:47 AM   #4
encantotom

tonite i put the last lights in the ceiling of the living area. there are 17 plus the center light. i replaced the 10w halogens with round led ones. i used cool white and the light is awesome! so much better than the yellowish halogens and much lower power. i had to take the center reflector out of the puck to get the round led to fit. i experimented with 4 different ones to get the ones that i liked. they were $1.78 each. better light than the halogen and they should last forever.

since led's are diodes, it was a crap shoot if they were going to work without reversing the power wires. about half worked and the other half i had to take the fixture out of the ceiling and cut the wires and reverse them.

it takes quite a bit of time but the result is really worth it. we love the white light.

i will keep doing the entire coach but will take my time doing it.

i also had a few marker lights out. so i also finished (all but the one inbetween the slides at the roof) replacing all the marker lights with LED versions.

it was 110 degrees out today so it was a little toasty up on the scaffold doing them....

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote