Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - How to find air leaks in the supply system
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 06:17 PM   #16
rheavn

I've always heard the right tool for the job. After spending hours under the coach with soapy water I found no leaks although I suspected I still had one or more. Jimmy suggested the ultrasonic leak detector so I started researching them. Santa brought me a led hands free head light and a Inficon, Whisper, ultrasonic leak detector. This tool is different from the one Jimmy suggested, but works great for about 1/2 the price. I found two leaks right off the bat in the R-1 bay. There are two very tiny leaks in the air tank. I didn't find them with soapy water, they are so small. This tool makes them sound like major air leaks. Get within about a foot of an air leak & you know it. I then went under the coach with the hands free led light and the leak detector & tried every air fitting & tank I could find. I also tested all the six packs and air lines. I found no other leaks. This tool is a real time saver.