Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - AV upgrades
Thread: AV upgrades
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 04:29 AM   #18
encantotom

since i had the inverter hang up and i started looking at new inverters i saw that all of them now use cat5 network cable between the inverter and the control panel. so since i have all the chases exposed, i ran 4 new cat5e lines from the front av area to the bay in addition to the previous ones i had run for the bay tv.

i ran two of them straight to the area over the drivers head where the current statpower panel is. the other ends will be right at the inverter. that way if i ever have to change the inverter, i have all that in place already.

i also have run all the cables i think that i need.

from front overhead AV to the bedroom i ran 1 cat5e shielded, 2 cat5e, 2 rg6 coax.

from front overhead AV to where the Bay tv will be i ran 2 coax, 6 cat5e and 1 cat 5 e shielded.

that way i can do hdmi over a shielded cat5e or rg6.

and have a network drop and a wire to do IR distribution.

i bought two new yamaha RXV473BL receivers. one for the front and one for the back. they have hdmi passthrough, they are networkable, 3d capable and have hdmi control and hdmi return.

i also bought a mirage mm6 compact subwoofer for the front. i ran a digital coax line for the reciever to the cabinet behind the passenger seat.

i have picked out the tv's. LG 42LM6300. will get them in the next week to install.

i have to put a tv antenna on and am waiting for the new winegard round dome one.

then have to pick out 2 3d blu ray players.

it is coming together. we will finish recovering the passenger side window cover tonite or tomorrow and darlene and cindy cleaned the front salon blinds as well as the bedroom one.

will try and get them all back together this week.

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote