Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Luxury coach lighting options and ideas? Best options?
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 11:45 PM   #4
MrE

Instead of replacing your Thin-Lite, pull it out and remove the guts and replace with a length of 5050 with 60 led per meter, I paid $19.99 per 16 foot (5 meters) strip with free shipping. Below is what I've been using as a reference, you didn't think I came up with this on my own; did you?

http://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...ixtures-8.html

I spent all of last week replacing ALL of my flourescents and downlights and closet lights.

I have 14 ceiling flourescents (10 12" and 4 18") and 6 of the 4' and one 2'. and 11 downlights.

When i get a chance i will post pictures. the light inside is amazing and the total power savings averages out to about 75 percent.

I used a combination of strip led's.

1. 5050 with 60 led per meter i paid 30 bucks per 16 foot strip

2. 3528 with 60 led per meter i paid 10 bucks per 16 foot strip

3. 5050 RGB with 30 led per meter i paid 20 bucks per 16 foot strip

I took the entire fixture out of the bus. then i stripped all the guts out. then i used aluminum tape and lined the inside of the fixture to made a reflector.

For the front ceiling flourescents i used a strip of 3528 on each SIDE of the fixture. darlene didnt want to see the led's.

For the ones where you couldnt really see them well (under things) i used a single 5050 in the center pointed down. it draws about 400ma for a 12" strip. the 3528 draws 150ma per 12" strip so 300ma per fixture.

For the 18" i used 5050 single strips. it draws 600ma

For the 4 foot and 2 foot ones in the coves i took the cove front off. i built a platform out of wood about 6" high and put a single strip of 3528 the entire length.

The lights are awesome.

Underneath the kitchen counter at the kickplate at floor level i put the 5050 rgb with a controller. they are hooked to the aisle light switch.

They go on and off with the switch. you can change colors or flashing, strobing etc with the remote. i mounted the control unit under the sink. just open the door under the sink and point the remote at it.

I also replace the round 906 wedge bulbs under my coves. all 11 of them now draw less power than a single 906 bulb before with better light.

I more than offset the power my new house fridge takes from the inverter.
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote