Views: 129
Size:  19.5 KBName:  couer d alene + trip to seattle 111.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  20.1 KBName:  couer d alene + trip to seattle 115.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  21.4 KBName:  couer d alene + trip to seattle 114.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  21.6 KB
This happen in 08 traveling at about 75 on cruise. Was crossing a bridge when it blew. The blow out kick the cruise off and I coasted to a stop before I got to the entrance ramp for the interstate. When it happen there was a bang and jerk on the steering wheel but the real bouncing was as it got slower. I did have a tire monitoring system and the front tires were showing around 135-140 lbs. I had always run 115 lbs cold but had stop by Newell for service and they were recommending 120 cold so that was in them at the time. Since that I have gone back to 115 lbs. I drive about 20K a year and I put new tire on every 2 years and the tire that blew was less than 2yrs old The pictures show all that was left of the tire and rim when I got stopped. The body damage was only the wheel flare which I pick the pieces up and reused. A State Trooper who had a office at the exist heard the bang and thought there had been a major wreck. He was on the scene within minutes and came to my rescue. There was a Les Schaab Tire store at the exist and the S/T took me to the store and they had a new tire and rim in stock. I was delay only about 1 hr and spent 1K and was back on my journey. I Pray and Thank the Lord for safe travel.
1996 Newell 45' #422
2004 Newell 45'8" #689
60 Series Detriot
Yellow Dodge Truck
Ron Skeen is offline   Reply With Quote