Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Second problem with Aqua Hot system
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 07:04 PM   #3
leskorcala@hotmail.com

Hello,

I have checked the radiator cap and hose and they are dry and tight (during the Sept service both were replaced). This morning I tried to open the radiator cap to see if there is anything left in the tank. I had hard time to open the radiator cap. When I got it loose and as soon I did that, more fluid started pouring around the exhaust pipe fitting right under the tank.

I am bit confused here since in last service repair man added to the tank 1,5 gallon of 50/50 pre-diluted antifreeze/coolant mixture (you asking me to determine if is engine coolant or A H coolant ) I thought both of the the systems take same coolant This guy who serviced our RV in Ennis, MT was AH certified technician.

Initially the coolant looked green but now it seems to be orange / yellow in the pan that we put out under the system last night. That is a plastic container and maybe the coolant might have reacted with the plastic container. We added green coolant when we did the service. We added 1.5 gallon during the service so perhaps I am seeing an older coolant which was a different color.

Thanks you so much for getting back to me so soon. We're staying in the park campground and stranded with coolant all over the pavement. I have been trying to get all that I can so we don't make a mess.

I also noticed since the coolant was pouring of of the bottom of the coach, at the same same time the metal pan under the aqua hot (where all the tubes are) also has coolant (and that is definitely yellow).

Best regards,
Les

Les & Cheryl Korcala
Newell 2001 # 582 2 slides
Nissan Exterra 2007
Two Rhodesian Ridgeback
Co-Motion "Robusta" tandem
Trek " Madone" bikes
leskorcala@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote