Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Transmit TV signal to outside TV
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 02:17 PM   #7
encantotom

i have run LOTS of cabling in my coach from front to back and to different bays and places. i replaced all the RG59 coax with 3ghz sweep tested solid copper center conductor rg6 quad shield coax and put T&B compression connectors on. i ran from front to rear, from the front to the bay for a tv from the front to the bay to hook up to cable tv and ran cat5 to each of those as well. as was common back in the 90's, RG59 was run as universal coax. i dont know what year they started to run rg6. rg59 is not very great for hdtv and high quality pictures, but will likely work just fine.

my original coax to the bay behind the door was run from the front cabinet down the channel covered by an aluminum plate covered with interior matching leather that is between the front windshield and front passenger window, down behind the cd fuse panel, along the corner of the floor where the wall and floor meet to just behind the passenger front seat underneath the couch and through to the floor into the bay underneath. from there it ran along the top front of the bay to the door, then went down and though the door right side wall so it ran inside the step cavity into the left door side wall into the bay where the tv would be.

so, how i ran the new one was very different. i ran it from the front overhead, along and inside the upper valence on the passenger side where the lights to the kitchen cab chase (where a bunch of AC and DC wires ware running already, trying to avoid direct contact with AC romex) then through the kitchen cabinets to the closet right behind the kitchen, down the wall in a covered chase panel down through the floor into the bay below that houses all the tanks. then along the wire bunde just behind the bay door to the bay that i will put my tv in.

it makes perfect sense to me, but probably wont for anyone else.

the real part of this is that since each coach is slightly different, i doubt that what works for me would even be best for someone of a model year close to mine let alone yours. i spent alot of time scouting out places to run new cabling. i have run romex, cat5 and coax along with DC control wiring. i have been impressed to find quite a few spare wires of both DC, like 11-14 gauge and 12/2 romex run in different places.

keep in mind i also ran new control wiring for my AV setups including HDMI cabling.

in my coach since i have had EVERY access area open when i was redoing the interior i pretty much know every place there is to run wiring. until i discover another clever place they ran it.

later

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote