Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Driving something different
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 02:19 AM   #5
Wally Arntzen

I think the length was 35' and I don't have any idea how much it weighed. It was heavy and i drove it about 200 miles on a single lane highway across part of New Mexico and Kansas with heavy truck traffic which did not affect the vechile at all.
It drove very well with comortable seats but was very noisey due to the engine being in the front. The rear wheels were very close to the back of the vehicle so it drove very similar to my Newell.
As far as keeping it in the driving lane, I don't do anything special when I drive a large vehicle and I seem to keep in the lanes as it should be. Just check the lane lines with the mirrors once in a while and pour the coals to it. These vehicles are made to drive and if we maintain them well they will be good to us just like a new puppy.
I am a fulltimer in our Newell but driving it and other large vehicles is what I enjoy the most.

I personally think these toter coaches are very unattractive but they are built on a semi cab and have powerfull engines and are made for hauling large horse and car racing trailers. The one I drove back was painted like a finish line flag with black and white squares and it got a lot of attention. The have the cab, living quarters and a flat deck on the rear so they can haul a 5th wheel or regular hitch type trailer. The one I drove back from New Orleans last month had fold up railings so the deck at the rear could be used as deck when parked at the track.

Both of these trips were interesting and I will do more if they buy any more in the future. It seems like this is a market that has not been inpacted as the regular RV market.
1988 Newell Coach #163
40' with tag 8V92
Wally Arntzen is offline   Reply With Quote