Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - low mileage older newell coach
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 03:35 PM   #5
prairieschooner

We have an '82 with 125K so those miles wouldn't concern me. Our '82 sat for 5 to 7 years in the Yuma area prior to our ownership but at least it was dry. I did many things to the fuel system and motor prior to starting the diesel and could go through them with anyone who would like to know.
I would suggest that you have the Fluids for the Main Engine, Trans and Radiator and the Generator Engine and Radiator Analyzed prior to any purchase. These lab results could show at least catastrophic problems...with excessive iron, aluminum etc. But let me warn you that if the fluids have been changed just before you get there lab work most likely won't be worth the effort. Just take a look at the color of the oil because it shouldn't look real clean and clear after a few miles with these older 2 strokes.
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote