Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Reliability. A Step Up?
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 03:52 AM   #7
dtchild1

Hi Penumbra and Steve,

Fantastic and very much appreciated input! I agree and understand the house on wheels concept - in fact, my motorhome has way more features and complicated systems than my home by a long ways!

Steve, your experiences sound very familiar as well and I too try to prevent, rather than cure issues. My current coach has really been a challenge though and is the reason I have been pondering the move to the Newell. They are complicated and since I too always buy used, I think I have fixed all the issues the former owner chose to either ignore or even hide from me.

My back of the mind question now is have I fixed it all and can now enjoy it or what else is coming and should I move on before it costs me a ton more? We love the floor plan and the drive train, but have had constant issues with the electronics and hydraulic systems. Right now, I think I have it all under control, but, do I?

I have wanted a Newell for many, many years and just could not afford it. At this point, I think I could afford one that is ten years old or so, but just want to make sure I am not jumping from one frying pan to another, or worse, into the fire! Based on both of your experiences, I think I would be OK and I am going to start looking for the right coach. I am not in a hurry and will look until I find the right one, but I think I am ready for the step up to a Newell.

Thank you again for both your comments and insight!

Dan
dtchild1 is offline   Reply With Quote