Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Underdash air leak
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2007, 07:41 PM   #4
fulltiming

Dean, I did one short investigation under the dash. I found the vacuum sphere and the hoses but you really have to be a contortionist to get back in there to trace the air hoses.

I have been distracted lately by my new grandson BUT within the next 10 days I will be doing some SERIOUS investigation under the dash. I have been traveling in cold weather and would be freezing to death unless I run the generator and the electric heaters. My front propane heater igniting quit a couple of weeks ago so that is no help and my dash blowers blow very little air at idle and virtually none at 70 mph.

I may have multiple problems. I don't think the deflector valve is working since I have air coming out the dash vents in Air, Vent, Heat and Defrost modes. I hear the blowers speed up as I switch the fan from low to medium to high but the air flow is pitiful. I also find that the air intake under the co-pilots seat lets in ton's of cold air when the coach is parked in cold weather. I also suspect that the supplemental water pump in the engine compartment on the drivers side is not working and thus not boosting the flow of water the 40+ feet to the front heater. When I idle, some warm air comes out the dash vents. At 70 mph virtually no air, warm or otherwise comes out.

The long and short is I will be taking a serious look at the workings (or non-workings in my case) of the front chassis heater system shortly and post what I find. I will also find where those air lines go from the vacuum sphere.

Dean, since you leak only occurs when the coach is aired up and the ignition switch is on, you have a leak in a system that is solenoid controlled.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote