Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Roof air addition (ducted)
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 05:39 PM   #1
GORDON HUMMEL

Default Roof air addition (ducted)

After my experience this summer with failures on the factory split systems, I decided to add 2 roof units as backups for the future. I had two new Carrier units & ducting for my bus project. My dash air has never worked & given the complications of the factory setup & numerous discussions on this board, I elected tto not repair it. With the lack of dry defroster air for the windshield, I figured the new roof air could be the solution
My plan was simple?
1. Mount the roof air as far forward as possible
2. Build ductwork from the new AC that would would go thru the front overhead cabinet & install outlets that could be directed to the windshield or the driver.
3. build ductworks that would go along the roof to the right side, down the wall 6 inches & then rearward in the cove area above the sofa.
Pretty simple!
When I was working on by bus, someone on that BB suggested a simple way to estimate how long a project would take. If your initial estimate is 1 week; all you do is double the 1 to 2; then change the timeframe to the next higher quanity.
1 week estimate = 2 months in reality.
I decided to do the ac project first as it is still warm in tulsa. Probably should have worked on a heater project.
The ducting I had was 2x8 which I wanted to retain. For this to work, the ceiling had to be lowered. I figured if I tapered it down toward the front I could gain the 1 1/2" of depth I needed. The plan was to have the ceiling level, side to side, where it joins the front cabinet rather than arched. 1 1/2" drop over 3 1/2 feet of ceiling taper is impossibe to detect.
All is completed except for installing the roof unit, the easiest part. Now working on the door
Attached Images

1991 41.5' #266
8v92
2009 Pontiac Vibe GT Toad
Fulltime on the road
GORDON HUMMEL is offline   Reply With Quote