Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Replacing new Hydraulic lifts in my bays?
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 08:32 PM   #6
encantotom

as you guys know, these can get very expensive to buy a bunch of them. i would guess at the places you are mentioning they are 20-30 dollars apiece. i bought a couple from newell at first and they were in that range.

find out exactly what size you have and what pressure and you can find them on ebay. shaft lenght, stroke, ball diameter, force. (sometimes given in newtons, you will just have to convert to pounds.

i had some that were too strong and they ripped the mounts off the doors. i have since redone all of my bay door mounts with aircraft aluminum and new ball brackets and new struts.

the main ones on my bay doors i found a case of them and i paid about $1.25 apiece shipped for them. others i needed of a different size or force i also bought on ebay and didnt pay over $8 apiece for them.

they are just standard gas spring struts and nothing special about them. if you are good at searching you can save yourself a lot of money.

my two cents worth.

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote