Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 1995 Newell with issues
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 02:21 PM   #10
rheavn

Pat & Larry,
Glad to hear you were able to solve the refrigerator problem. I'm not totally familiar with '95 vintage coaches, but I'll try to help.

Your coach should have air toilets, air black water tank dump valves and air pocket doors. The "compressor switch" in the bathroom is most likely to turn on the air compressor when you are parked. Mine is in the kitchen, but they may have put one in the bath for your convenience. Without proper air the toilets, dump valves and air pocket doors won't work. You said the front pocket door has opened and has closed, but is intermittent. The first thing to check is the air pressure. My coach has a 110 volt air compressor located in the first compartment bay on the right side. I also have a 12 Volt air compressor in the same bay as the AquaHot unit on the right side. When I am parked I turn on one of those air compressors. Either one will provide enough air to open & close your pocket doors. Do you have proper air pressure? There is a regulator on the 12 V air compressor with a gauge that should be between 50 & 60 psi. The air pressure gauge for the 110V air compressor is in the right side engine compartment. You should have some where between 75 & 110 psi. If you have proper air pressure, but you run out of air you may have air tanks that are full of water. Have you drained ALL of your air tanks? If every thing checks good then the front pocket door solenoid may be bad. Haven't worked on mine, so I don't know where it is located. I'd call Newell.

On your water pumps you should have a large Headhunter 110 Volt water pump & a 12 Volt water pump. Mine are both located in the water bay on the left side of coach.

I do not believe that '95 vintage coaches had a step cover. Some one can correct me if that is not right.

When I purchased my coach many of the gas shocks or gas springs needed replacement. I purchased them from http://www.spdhardware.com/

I will PM you my phone number if you have questions.