Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Kenwood 9140
Thread: Kenwood 9140
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 01:26 AM   #3
Richard and Rhonda

Jennifer,

I don't have the Kenwood, but I do have the high zoot Pioneer AVICs. It has the capability of running the camera into it. I can't see the screen very well because it suffers from the LCD symptom of having to look straight at it. Any angle and you lose the picture very quickly. I also like to wear polarized sunglasses, and they render the LCD screens useless.

It is totally counterintuitive as a NAV system. Kenwood may be different, I just mention it so that you will know to look at it carefully.

Oh it's got more bells and whistles than you would ever use, including DVD player, and 5.1 sound out.

I don't use if for NAV. I run Streets and Trips on a Laptop with a GPS USB plug in. I like that setup because I can play with my routes off line, in the comfort of my easy chair, and pick the way I want to go. I then save that file to bring up any time I want. The Pioneer will not let me do that. I also run, like many others, VMSPc at the same time with Streets and Trips. The VMS is a monitoring software for the engine that feeds off the DDEC signals.

I see you have added a 'Dale tandem to the quiver. Good on ya. Rhonda and I got out today. A whole day of sunshine here, we couldn't believe it.
CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote