Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 6V92 Water Pump R&R, Model # 23506623
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 04:38 PM   #1
chockwald

Default 6V92 Water Pump R&R, Model # 23506623

Had barely arrived in Tyler, TX at the home of my sister-in-law when the engine water pump had a massive internal seal failure and unloaded a few gallons of coolant on the ground....guess I couldn't have asked for a better "bad" situation....at least I wasn't somewhere in West Texas a 100 miles from anywhere when this happened. With this site's help I have located, and have ordered the replacement remanufactured water pump through Ebay, and should have in my hands by Thursday at the latest. Has anyone here had this specific pump replaced, or done the R&R yourself? I can see 2 of the 3 bolts that fasten the pump to the engine. Looks like I'll need to remove one of the fuel filters to get at the pump with clear access.....as you all know there are two filters....on my Newell there is one filter which has a mounting bracket bolted to the water pump....the other filter is remotely located on the forward wall of the driver side engine compartment. Anyway, looking for any pointers, or help. I have thought about calling in a mobile service via Good Sam ERS.....I am on the road, and I cannot move, so I believe I could get the labor covered by Good Sam ERS. There are three different water pumps that are used with 6V92's.....walking, standing and running. I have the running, and fortunately it is the easiest to find. The one my brother-in-law has on his Blue Bird is very hard to find, and cost him $500. The one I need can be had for $90 plus shipping and tax.....not too bad.
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote