Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Inverter Installation
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 12:03 AM   #7
GORDON HUMMEL

Michael,
To be honest I did not think of the load balancing issue. While there will be some items on the converter powered leg that the converter will not support, if not turned on it should not be a problem. The rear air, ice maker & front TV are the items that I would want to run off the inverter. Yes, I will need a large battery bank ! I have included a spredsheet indicating the "as built" & what I am changing. I was quite surprised to see the imbalance from the factory.
In obtaining amperage rating from the various component, I had to take the grill off the ice maker. While laying on the floor, I could see the condenser, and it was totally covered in lint. I guess after 17 years things needed cleaning. My ice maker worked fine before, but this cleaning has to help. I mention this as you had indicated your ice maker only worked for 1 hour off the inverter, which at 2.7 amps 120vac seems very short given your inverter & battery bank
Thanks again
Gordon
PS the spreadsheet is to large to upload, so I will just send the totals

...............AS BUIlT----------------------PROPOSED
COOLING..............HEATING----------COOLING.............HEATING
A...........B...........A............B--------A..........B...........A...........B
AMPS
68.8.......28.8.......66..........51.2-----56.6.......41.........54.4.......63.4
GORDON HUMMEL is offline   Reply With Quote