Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Non Slide Newell VS Non Slide Prevost Values...what the heck is going on?????
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 02:47 PM   #7
Dave-n-Marjorie

Ken, you have a point about black book wholesale values. I think its actually a good thing Newells are not in them. Working for dealers and having access to the nationwide dealer nada connect system and going to manheim RV auctions, it is amazing how most of the general public have no clue what a dealer is really giving them if they trade in any RV. A perfect example is a 2004 Newmar Essex. 45', 500 hp, quad slide, high end coach. The real value on RV is not the connect book price but 70-80% of that price. Less than 50k miles, good tires, a dealer would think long and hard to give $100,000 in real money. Ive seen nice ones with less miles and one year old tires go for in the $80s at the auctions, they wash it and sell it for $150k plus who knows how much they will make on a trade.

Not just picking on Newmars as I feel they are a great coach. 45' Quad slide Monaco Signatures with detroit diesel series 60 engines go for about $100k but have to be in pristine condition. Those are high line 45' 500hp 4 slide fiberglass RVs and it only goes down from there!!!

With a Newell, we are so exclusive, so limited, WE should set the market price. What is happening right now, is that some are so desperate to sell, it is creating a price war. That makes no sense when there are only a few in the entire nation!!! If they are desperate, they should say "short sale" or "by before bank gets it", something like that.

When you look at a true buyer, there are bus people and everyone else. I myself could have chosen from dozens of 45' 500hp quad slide fiberglass rvs, or a non slide bus. Remember we are full timers 365 days a year in this thing!!! I chose a Newell non slide!!! Im a bus guy. That is our market. Bus people. Price will not convert them. Stick to your price, hold your ground, heck some need to raise their price on Newells. When a bus person sees something they want, they will pay. They have the money. A small investment to update and upgrade will pay off big time on your Newells value. Prevost owners dont have to upgrade to get top dollar, why?

Dealers who wouldnt hesitate to put my coach on their lot and ask $130k for it. They would get it too. They would cater to a bus person, educate them, and most of all, say there are only a few of these in the USA, if you wait, someone else will snap it up!

Hopefully this makes sense to current Newell owners who are selling. Your coach is one of the best ever made and RARE. You deserve top dollar!!!!
1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Dave-n-Marjorie is offline   Reply With Quote