Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Design of 2006 and 2007 Newell's?
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006, 05:57 PM   #13
Newell Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlb
Quote:
Originally Posted by marathon man
I agree it is a nice looking coach but isn't the inside basically the same as the previous......I like the fact that Marathon will go as custom as you like where Newell has limits on certain things.
Some comments from Newell hqtrs:

The evolution of the interior has, for the most part, occurred independently from the exterior. So the new front cap design (yes, done by Porsche Design) was not tied to any specific interior changes. That said, there have been interior changes and new interior features during the same time frame. For example, the new Murphy Bed option allows the rear area of the coach to function as a second sitting room during the day, yet at night, the bed (the same size and construction mattress as the standard, fixed bed) is quickly and easily deployed. Newell now optionally offers, in lieu of laminates, interiors finished in UltraWood, a very beautiful genuine wood veneer available in several finishes. While UltraWood is expensive (a $44,000 option), it is simply gorgeous, and a nice solution to those who want "real wood."

I would take very strong exception to the comment that Newell offers less "custom" than any of the bus converters. We will agree to whatever the customer requests unless it is not possible to accomplish within our resources at a price acceptable to the customer.

Remember that since we build our own chassis and body, we have the ability to accomodate requests that are simply impossible if starting with a bus shell, and I will be specific. We occasionally build a coach with an engine not on our "normal" list, recently a 525 hp C13 Cat for example.

The length of the coach can be specified literally to the inch, anywhere from about 38 ft. to 45 ft. (or longer where legal). 0, 1, 2, 3, or 4 slide-outs can be ordered, and the size and location of the slides can be specified, allowing a great deal of flexibility in floorplans. The slides can be flat-floor if desired. Bathrooms can be lcoated center or rear, or split with the shower located rear and the toilet center. Or bath and a half. Interior fabrics and finishes are infinite in variety, including now a choice between high pressure plastic laminates or the UltraWood genuine wood veneer.

Another reality of the current marketplace: It appears that the majority of new bus conversions are currently being sold from finished stock and therefore not custom, while the majority of new Newells are built to order, and custom-built to order, at that.

I hope this information is helpful.

Karl

Hi Karl,

I guess my question is this:

After looking at many Newell Coaches I have found a lot have close to the same layout/Floorplan. Now I know that none are supposed to be identical but many are very close. If Newell offers a base price Newell does this mean there is a base/standard Newell Layout? I am looking to upgrade to a early 90's Newell and I will be a Newell owner for life but after reading this thread I just had a few questions.

Thank You,

Newell Attack

Jeff & Leann Shackly
Newell Attack is offline   Reply With Quote