Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - fade to DARK
Thread: fade to DARK
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 05:57 AM   #3
encantotom

hi matt,

i am not totally sure about your headlight wiring, but i know on richards and earlier, there was no relays in the headlight circuits so ALL the power for those power hungary headlights run through the dimmer switch and headlight switch.

there are several posts about a number of us redoing the headlight wiring. i know michael, i, and richard at least have re run new bigger gauge wires to our headlights and in addition wired in 4 relays to take the brunt of the power. then we use the previous wiring to power the trigger leg of the relay. that will make the dimmer switch last almost forever, make the headlights brighter. (not as much voltage drop).

it is easy to measure the voltage at the headlights before and after and you will be surprised how much improvement there is. if you look at the performance charts for the headlamps, you will see how much increase in lumens you get for just a half a volt.

in addition, we added the euro version of our headlights that make an amazing difference. there is an entire section of this on the web site.

that is most likely why your dimmer switch burned out.

tom and darlene in herzliya israel

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote